Tenon leads the way when it comes to environmental stewardship
We source our wood from one of the largest FSC®-certified pine plantations in the world. This environmental commitment continues throughout our manufacturing process - from the forest, to the consumer.
Uniquely, we use geothermal energy for kiln-drying at our Taupo site. Geothermal energy is a clean, renewable resource that does not consume any fuel or produce significant emissions.
We're continually working on reducing our waste sent to landfill - with recycling programmes, and finding alternative uses for our byproducts.
Here are the various ways Tenon promotes sustainability:
- Our wood is sourced from sustainable tree farms.
- Lumber is dried in our sawmill with heat provided by geothermal energy - a clean, renewable resource.
- Our manufacturing byproducts (e.g bark, sawdust and shavings) are sold for other uses, such as particleboard, mulch or as an energy source.
- Our Taupo processing site has reduced landfill waste by over 90%.
- Tenon's range of outdoor products: LIFESPAN® is preservative treated with USA EPA-registered non-toxic chemicals.
- Our priming process includes an excess reclamation and re-use system, so minimal paint is wasted, and all aerosol cans are recycled.